Tuesday, April 7, 2015

March Beauty Favourites (2015)


I'm so excited to be sharing my first favourites post! I have a feeling narrowing products down month by month will be a challenge for me because there are always so many things to love. But I'm going to give it a shot so, here we go!

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water

First up is Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water. I love multi use products because it gives you more bang for your buck. Where I live it's been a particularly harsh, dry winter and it has taken a toll on my skin. I spray this on my face and let it sink in before applying my foundation or BB cream and it does wonders. Bye bye dry patches! This is a fantastic product for those with dry skin.

Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Crème & New Nudes Sheer Lip Gel

Top - Lip Crème in Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang
Bottom - Lip Gel in Eat Cake

These new Marc Jacobs lip products are one of the best I've tried in a long time. The colours are so pigmented (even some of the nude lip gels!), they are very long lasting and they don't dry out your lips. I received another one for my birthday from one of my best friends called 'Boy Gorgeous' and I can't wait to get some more already!

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
I am super picky when it comes to mascaras. I have a drawer full of sample sizes because I have a hard time committing to a full size. I can never find the "perfect" mascara but, I think I've finally come close! I usually have to curl my lashes as they lay a little flat but not with this bad boy. It gives such lift to the lashes and so much volume without all those nasty clumps. It's a keeper for sure!

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette

Left to Right - Luminous Flush, Incandescent Electra, Mood Exposure
I received this blush palette over the holidays and it has been my go to this month. The colors are absolutely beautiful and give such a glow on the skin because they are mixed with Hourglass' Ambient Lighting Powders. I don't think this palette is available for sale anymore but the good news is you can buy these colors as individuals! Even the exclusive palette shade Incandescent Electra has been rumored to be released in the next month or so.

GlamGlow ThirstyMud Hydrating Treatment
Back on the subject of dry skin again! This has also been a life saver this winter. I will slather this stuff on my face and leave it on all evening until I'm ready for bed. It leaves my skin feeling so hydrated and refreshed. You can technically use this as an overnight mask and sleep with it on if you want, but I don't want sticky pillows in the morning! It is a more expensive product but worth every penny in my opinion.

Moroccan Oil Frizz Control Spray
I have super wavy natural curls in my hair which is usually my go to style because lets be honest, it's so much work to heat style your hair every day. This stuff not only smells delicious but works wonders for taming those frizzy hairs. Just give a few quick sprays, massage into your hair and you are good to go!

Formula X The Colors in Revved Up
Rose gold has been such a trend this past year and I adore it! It appears everywhere from jewelry to watches and now nail polish. I used to be a real nail polish hoarder but have been trying to cut back. I couldn't resist when I saw this beautiful color though! It's a fairly long wearing color, it does chip a little after a few days and it has a lovely metallic sheen to it. It will be a great color for spring!

And that concludes my March favorites! I already can't wait to do this all again next month. Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment