Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Super Mario Brothers (SMB) amiibo - Wave 1

These little figures created by Nintendo are a serious addiction, well to me anyway. I have been a fan of Nintendo ever since I was a kid and I first came across the Super Smash Brothers (SSB) figures around Christmas time. I thought to myself "I'm just going to get Yoshi because he's my favorite". Then one led to a couple more, then a couple more until I ended up collecting them all. It's like Lay's chips, you can't have just one!


I wanted to collect this specific line because one of my all time favorite games is Mario Party and this line came out at the exact same time as the new Mario Party 10 game for the Wii U! I have been really enjoying this game. I play it with friends and family constantly and the amiibo functionality in the game is great.

I've noticed some differences in size and appearance between the SSB figures and SMB figures. The SSB figures look more realistic and are smaller where the SMB figures look more cartoon like and are bigger, which is actually fitting for the game they are associated with. Below are some comparison pictures!

SMB Mario vs SSB Mario

SMB Luigi vs SSB Luigi
SMB Yoshi vs SSB Yoshi
SMB Peach vs SSB Peach
SMB Bowser vs SSB Bowser
SMB Toad (He has no SSB counterpart)

I actually really like the SMB line and the more cartoon look. It reminds me of the classic games I was so used to playing as a kid. I hope you enjoy them too. Let me know if you've caught the amiibo bug as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment